Congratulations to this Week’s Champions of Care!
This program is designed to recognize employees who go above and beyond their day-to-day duties, and who exemplify Circle of Care’s values.
Note: New nominations will be posted on Mondays.
Nominations can be submitted in one of two ways:
- Clients/Family Members: Compliments from clients or family members that are received through the call centre or a manager will be entered as a nomination provided there is enough detail to do so.
- Managers: A manager can recognize someone for one of the following reasons:
- Recognizing that an employee has taken initiative to support, assist or lead a project or difficult task.
- The employee has made an extra effort was reflected in their overall performance.
- The person has actively demonstrated one of Circle of Care’s values.
“Thank you for sending me such a jewel! If there are special rewards, PSW Nora Caido has to receive one. She made my difficult week much more manageable.”
“Special thank you to Katrina Alves for taking the time to hand knit hats, gloves, scarves and socks for our clients. This lovely donation will be given to Let’s Get Together clients and for iRIDE drivers to have on hand in case clients are in need during the cold winter months. ”
– Lisa Rae
“A very BIG thank you to Marina Dalgetty and Yulia Ioffe for demonstrating strong teamwork when providing support to one of our Holocaust Survivor clients. Marina went above and beyond to make sure that the client had a smooth transition from the hospital to home and liaised between the LHIN and the other departments. The client came back home with 120 hours per week due to Marina’s strong negotiation skills and advocacy. Thank you as well to Yulia for responding quickly to scheduling and coordination between the two departments. The client is extremely happy and thankful to both Yulia and Marina for promoting his independence at home and providing the support he needs for quick recovery. ”
– Irina Shneyder
“Intake received a referral from Central LHIN for social work services for a client in need of emotional support and community resources, after major surgery. When Uliana Shimla spoke with the client, he expressed suicidal thoughts. Uliana ensured the client was safe, not in immediate harm, and linked him urgently to social work support. Once the client spoke with the social worker, he told her ‘I’m feeling fine now and after talking to Uliana I felt much better!’ Great work Uliana! You made a real difference!”
– Alison Kilbourn